Creative and dedicated digital artist who has graduated with a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in Computer Games Technology from the University of Portsmouth. A specialist in 3D environmental art who has years of experience creating 3D and 2D digital art for indie video games and animations. Capable of working under pressure and working to deadlines. Owns a UK driving licence.
• Creative Expertise: Possesses ability to utilise strong technical knowledge of the environmental art pipeline, as well as the 3D animation pipeline, to efficiently create interesting, visually appealing content.
• Strong Work Ethic: Eager to work and demonstrate loyalty. Capable of working hard both individually and within teams.
• Communication: Has strong interpersonal communication skills and writing skills. Has the aptitude to build relationships. Capable of developing consensus with management and team members to achieve common goals.
• Quick Learning: Highly adaptable to new environments and capable of demonstrating expertise in team collaboration, time management, meeting participation, and research and analysis. Willing to relocate.
St. Stephen’s Junior School, Canterbury, Kent
Graphic Artist (Voluntary) February 2018 to March 2018
Efficiently provided visually appealing artwork for the St. Stephen’s Junior School Twitter page and website.
• Utilised Adobe Photoshop to create a new profile picture and header to the specifications of the school’s I.C.T. technician. Used emails to communicate and discuss the changes necessary for new iterations of artwork.
NSC, Portsmouth, Hampshire
3D Artist, September 2016 to March 2017
In my third year of university, I worked as a 3D artist with a group of students who were tasked with creating a ‘virtual showroom’ for the military training, simulation and consultancy company, NSC.
• Utilised Autodesk 3DSMax and Adobe Photoshop to create a range of textured 3D assets representing NSC’s products and their office’s reception area that would be seen within virtual reality.
• Optimised existing 3D assets created by NSC to work smoothly within the game engine, Unity.
• Created grassland environment within Unity and contributed towards the recreation of NSC’s reception area.
• Utilised Adobe Illustrator to create UI elements that would help the user understand how to navigate the virtual showroom and use the HTC Vive controller.
Domino Effect Ltd, Canterbury, Kent
3D Artist, July 2013 to September 2014
Followed team leader’s instruction to provide over 50 game-ready 3D environmental assets (such as dumpsters, dental chairs and electric chair switches), and more than 80 texture files for the game, Red Awakening. Utilised 3DSMax for modelling and UV mapping, and Adobe Photoshop for texturing. Contributed actively in weekly meetings to discuss common issues and share new ideas.
• Demonstrated communication skills at Insomnia Gaming Festival stall, by displaying Red Awakening to festival attendees and video game developers.
• Supported Red Awakening’s Kickstarter fund raising activity and produced £2,568 funds by utilising social media platforms and multiple sites for advertisement.
Zoom Photos photo shop, Deal, Kent
Sales Assistant (Work Experience), June 2011 to July 2011
Delivered excellent counter services with collaboration of other staff, which enhanced customer satisfaction rate.
• Promoted local photography competition by creating professional looking posters in Adobe Photoshop.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Games Technology – 2017 with 2:1
University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Hampshire, 2014-2017
• Increased skills in modelling, texturing and rigging gained by creating 3D props and animated characters for Unreal Engine 4 projects. These projects included a group project, in which my group created a sci-fi first-person shooter game, and an individual project where I created a port town environment and an animated cyborg pirate captain character that utilised motion capture data in its animation.
• Increased skills in digital sculpting gained from several units. In the second year, I modelled a Madagascar day gecko in 3DSMax and gave it a detailed, scaly texture using Mudbox and Photoshop. In the third year, I provided concept art and detailed 3D models of sci-fi chairs to a senior lecturer’s specifications for the University of Portsmouth’s ‘triple A game project’.
• BTEC Level 3 in Creative Media Production – 2013 with Triple Distinction
Canterbury College, Canterbury, Kent, 2012-2013
• Gained experience creating a range of characters and environmental assets with 3DSMax.
• Gained experience using Adobe Photoshop to create textures, as well as drawing concept art, promotional art and comics.
• Created a real-time environment for a game demo using Unreal Development Kit.
• Total GCSES: 17
• Mathematics: B • English Language: A • English Literature: A • Science: B • Additional Science: B
Walmer Science College, Walmer, Kent - 2007-2011
Autodesk 3DSMax and Blender- Software used to create and UV map 3D assets. I have more years of experience with 3DSMax, but I can use either of them to create modular environmental assets and characters. I have also used both for rigging, skinning and animating.
Zbrush and Mudbox- Software used to sculpt intricate detail onto models and create high-poly versions of models. Sculpted detail can be baked down onto a low-poly version later with software such as Substance Painter.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Substance Painter- Photoshop has been useful for creating and editing textures, and as a tool to create concept art, storyboards and illustrations. Illustrator has been useful for creating high-quality UI elements. Substance Painter has been a useful tool for creating detailed textures that can be easily edited.
Unreal Engine 4 and Unity- Both these game engines have been useful for creating real-time 3D environments. I’m currently using Unreal Engine 4 to create new environments for my online portfolio. I’m able to make use of Unreal Engine 4’s various features such as decals, particle effects, lighting and blueprints.
Adobe Premiere Pro- Video editing software used to present 3D environments, games and animations in a professional manner.
(References available upon request)